I had an interesting article pop up into my email this past weekend from Greatist, a health and fitness news website I subscribe to, and I figured I would share. The author, Charlotte Andersen has some great articles and has quickly become one of my favorites to read. I wanted to share because I'm not sure how many, if any know of this website or follow their posts, but I found this article very informative to my personal readers. More times than none, people pair exercising and eating right with losing weight or "having a great bod", but there is so much more to it than that. Several benefits have been proven outside of losing weight and this article brought it to my attention again.
So, for motivation this Monday, here goes..
By Charlotte Andersen of Greatist
1. It works as an antidepressent - Study has found the effects of exercise last longer than the effects from medication alone.
2. It reduces PMS symptoms - I'm going to go ahead and say I have personal experience with this one. It has in no way taken the symptoms away completely but I'm a hell of a lot better when I exercise on the reg.
3. It reduces stress and anxiety - Another I have personal experience with and "science says that working out is one of the fastest ways to clear cortisol, the stress hormone, out of your system and calm a frantic mind".
4. It boosts creativity - "A recent study found that walking improved both convergent and divergent thinking, the two types associated with enhanced creativity."
5. It wipes out allergies - "Researchers in Thailand reported that running for 30 minutes can reduce sneezing, itching, congestion, and runny nose by up to 90 percent."
6. It strengthens your heart - According to the American Heart Association, exercise strengthens your heart muscle as well as reduces your risk of heart disease and other related conditions.
7. It helps you resist temptation - "In one study, scientists found that the endorphin rush released during exercise acts on the same neural pathways as addictive substances."
8. It reduces risk of metabolic syndrome - "Researchers say that exercise can almost totally obliterate metabolic syndrome and even reverse the damage."
9. Lessens the risk of several other diseases - "a miracle drug that prevents almost every illness, is 100 percent effective, and has very few side effects."
10. It protects your eyes - "Recent research found that one of the best ways to protect your eyes and stave off age-related vision loss is regular cardiovascular exercise."
These are just the first 10, find the article here to keep reading the other benefits of exercising and eating right. I would also highly recommend subscribing to their mail list, they always send great tips, recipes, and news.
On another note..
I've been trying out the heavy lifting lately with my girl, Eryn, who is a part of the Jiu Jitsu family at Inferno Fitness with me, here in Northwest Arkansas. I've been feeling really strong and very empowered lately. I love pushing my body and seeing where I can take it with working out, it's a such a great feeling. I'll post progress pictures soon enough :)
Brand Ambassador Alert!!
I am proud to say I am now a brand ambassador for Altar Ego Clothing, a sports wear company made by women for women. They have the cutest prints and styles and I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of them.
( via )
Use my special code "tarole" and receive 15% off your entire purchase!
I'll post a picture as soon as my first pair comes in :)
How is your week starting out?