This is the first time I've been completely on my own, no roommates, hardly any friends (besides those I work with), and a lot, A LOT of alone time. Naturally, I needed a companion.
After several months of being a fur-mommy to Luna Lovegood, I decided I needed to get her a playmate for those late nights I'm gone at work. In comes Neville Longbottom and home girl is one cat away from literally donning the name.. Crazy Cat Lady.
Here are 10 reasons I've come to realize about my life that prove my friends and family might know what they're talking about..
1. You refer to them as your babies.
They are literally like your children.
2. You talk to them, and they talk back.
Seriously, they totally understand what you're saying.
3. Your selfies are not just of you anymore.
Kitty and me just hanging out today.
Luna Lovegood and me
4. People have stopped watching your SnapChat stories.
Oh look, another video of the cat cleaning herself.
5. No need for a drink with friends after work, you have wine at home.
No thanks, I have a date with my furchild.
6. Your parents start asking when you will give them grand-babies.
Mom, you already have two. They are sweet, cuddly, and just a little furrier than most.
7. "Poop-scooping" is part of your daily routine.
No explanation needed.
8. You don't understand "dog people" and how they don't like cats.
Seriously, dogs are SO high maintenance.
9. There is no "me" time anymore. Wherever you go, they go.
Oh hey, just sitting on the toilet. Thanks for staring at me to make sure everything is going alright.
10. Everyone already refers to you as the crazy cat lady.
One thing is for certain, I absolutely love my babies!
Are you a cat lover?