This weekend was pretty rough with working. My ankle is suffering, I can't seem to catch a break. Even on my rest day I'm still running around at work for 5-6 hours. Whew!
Moving on to the point of this post. It's time for some My Harry Potter Fix!
For those of you who are new, My Harry Potter Fix is a weekly link up I share with two other ladies. Obviously I am a super Potterhead if I host an entire link up about it. :) Basically we come up with topics to talk about and share our love for the boy who lived. Join in on the fun!
Please join Kim, Becky, and me again this week. If you're interested in co-hosting or have a question/theme idea for a week of My HP Fix, be sure to fill out this form.
1. Follow all of your hosts. Please & thank you :)
2. Share the button somewhere on your blog and link back with us.
3. Spread the love via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, what have you! Help us grow!
4. Check out others' post and comment letting them know you found them via this link up!
5. HAVE FUN!
This week we are back onto talking about a specific book/movie in the series. We are now on Chamber of Secrets.
First off, I think I've said this before, this is probably my least favorite (if I HAD to choose) out of the entire series. I think it drags on a little, and although it's pretty vital in regards to the bigger picture of things, I still think there are a lot of pointless parts to it.
Take Defense Against the Dark Arts for instance. Even though the teacher turn around rate was super high, each other teacher plays a significant role in the story. Lockhart was just a big ole waste of imagination in my opinion. I guess it was a nice change of pace from all the terrible things that were going on around the castle at the time, but really.. his part was just pointless to me. Plus, the fact that at the end he Obliviates himself on accident just proves my POV.
I really don't like how Harry seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, every time someone was petrified. I mean, I get a couple, but my goodness!
Ok I'm done talking about things I don't like.. I'm moving on the everything I did like :)
- How Harry had to ride in the car to get to Hogwarts
- The intro of Dobby
- When we learned just how evil the Malfoys are
- Ginny Weasley being a staple in the story
- Learning of some of Tom Riddle's past (and Hagrid too)
- The intro of Horcruxes
- The intro of Polyjuice Potion
- Moaning Myrtle
- Harry learning he is a Parseltounge
- The students getting to practice dueling
Some good things in this book, even though it's really not my favorite :)
Oh, and maybe this too :)
What are your likes and dislikes about The Chamber of Secrets? What are your thoughts in general? Link up with us!
Remember, you have until 11:59 pm on Sunday to link up your Chamber of Secrets post! Next week we'll be moving right along to discuss book 3 - The Prisoner of Azkaban. We hope you'll join us!